Easy Recipes For Navratri
Recipes – 1: Kuttu Ka Dhokla Recipe
·1 cup Buckwheat Flour (Kuttu Ka Atta)
·1/4 cup Sama Flour
·1/2 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
·1 Green Chilli, ground to paste
·5 Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped
·3/4 teaspoon rock salt/ sendha namak
·1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
·Salt, to taste
·Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, chopped for garnish
·1 tablespoon Fresh coconut, for garnish
·Cooking oil , as required
1. Combine the buckwheat flour, sama ke chawal, yogurt, chilli paste, coriander leaves, black pepper,salt to taste, in a large mixing bowl and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in a tablespoon of oil and the salt into the batter.
3. Grease Dholka plates and pour the dhokla batter and steam on high heat in a Dhokla & Idli Steamer for about 10 to 15 minutes until done. A tester when inserted in the centre should come out clean.
4. Garnish your Dhokla with coriander leaves and fresh grated coconut and serve.
Recipes – 2: Makhana tikki
-4 Potatoes (Aloo), boiled, mashed
-1 cup Phool Makhana (Lotus Seeds), roasted, ground
-2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
-2 tablespoons Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali), crushed
-1 Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, small bunch, finely chopped
-Rock Salt, to taste
1. Roast the makhana in a pan with little bit of ghee until crunchy and coarsely powder it.
2. Mash the potatoes and add all the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Check the salt and spices and adjust it as per your taste.
3. Shape the mixture into small cutlets and pan fry them in very little oil until golden brown on both sides.
4. Serve it with with Dhaniya Pudina No Onion No Garlic Chutney to relish your tea time snack.
Recipe 3 - Singhare Atte Ka Halwa
·1 cup Singoda Flour (Water Chestnut)
·1 cup Sugar
·1 cup Ghee, + 1 tablespoon
·3 cups Water
·2 teaspoons Cardamom Powder (Elaichi) , freshly ground
·1/4 cup Cashew nuts, halved
1. Heat the water and sugar in a pan, stirring continuously until the sugar melts. Turn the heat to low and continue to heat the water until you get flour mixture ready.
2. Melt the one cup of ghee and stir in the singhare flour and roast the mixture on medium heat. Continue to roast until it begins to release a roasted aroma and changes colour. This process take around 5 to 10 minutes.
3. The mixture will begin to form coarse crumbles. Turn the heat to low add cardamom powder to the mixture. The mixture will start splitting and curdling.
4. Stir continuously for 10-15 minutes on medium heat after it thickens.
5. In another small tadka pan; heat ghee on medium heat for roasting cashew nuts and add them to halwa.
Recipe-4: Sago Yogurt
-1 cup Tapioca Flour (Sago), soaked, boiled
-1 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
-1 Ripe Bananas , sliced
-1 Apple, cubed
-1/2 cup Anardana Powder (Pomegranate Seed Powder)
-4 tablespoon Honey
-2 tablespoon Badam (Almond), roasted, sliced
1. Soak the tapioca pearls in water for about 4 hours. Then drain the water and boil it in water with 1/2 cup of water for about 5 minutes till it is soft and done.
2. Keep all the fruits ready. Mix the boiled sago with yogurt, fruits, and nuts in a bowl. Drizzle the honey over it.